you are having any of the following problems, you may find that repairing your Internet Explorer / Outlook Express application may help.
- If you click a hyperlink in an email message:
- A blank page opens
- The hyperlink does not function at all
- You receive an error message
- Unable to type in text boxes in a search engine or website.
- Address bar search does not work.
- Or, if you encounter various error messages while browsing.
To fix most problems concerning IE/OE:
Go to Start>> Run. Type in:
rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 %windir%\inf\ie.inf [Enter]
(for accuracy, it is best to copy and paste the entire above command)
Or, you can repair IE/OE manually:
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x Repair for Windows XP:
- Go to Start>> Run. Type in: sfc /scannow [Enter]
(Notice the space between sfc and /scannow)
- Follow the onscreen prompts during the System File Checker process.
- Reboot your machine when completed.