Windows makes it possible to access your favorite programs with a keyboard command. This is very helpful when you have a window open and you need to access a certain program quickly and you don’t want to go to your desktop to access it. Here’s how to set this up:
- Right click any program, either in All Programs or on your Desktop.
- Select Properties from the resulting menu.
- Click the Shortcut tab.
- In your programs Properties window, you will find the word “None” list in the Shortcut key text box. Click once inside this text box and choose a letter on your keyboard that you would like to associate with your program (see Figure #1).
- In my case I chose the letter “F”. Windows will automatically insert Ctrl + Alt + F into the text box making this your new keyboard shortcut command.
- Click Apply and exit the Properties window.
Now whenever I use Ctrl + Alt + F on my keyboard, the chosen program will automatically launch.