By default, a new program that is loaded to your system, Windows XP highlights it in the Start Menu so that it can be easily found. If you find this annoying and would like to stop the new program from automatically being highlighted, here’s how:
- Right click the Start button
- Select Properties
- Choose the Start Menu tab and then click the Customize button
- In the Customize Start Menu window, click the Advanced tab
- Under ‘Start Menu Settings’ uncheck the “Highlight newly installed programs” entry
If you have found a great recipe online but you don’t want to print out the whole web page, here is how you can print only the text you select.
- Highlight the text that you would like to print by left clicking once and while holding the click down, drag your mouse over the chosen text (see figure #1).
- Once the text is highlighted, right click the highlighted area and select Print.
- In the resulting Print window, tick the “Selection” entry under the Page
Range option (see figure #2).
- Click Print.